This Single Vessel All-Grain recipe is an American style Pale Ale that is single hopped with Simcoe.
This beer has moderate bitterness for the style at under 30 IBU’s with a light malt profile to ensure this beer is all about the single hop.
Late boil additions, whirlpooling and dry hopping showcase the beautiful citrus and wood / pine flavour characteristics of the Simcoe Hops.
A great session beer at 5.3% this will be a crowd favourite anytime of the year. Enjoy!
Style: American Pale Ale - Simcoe Single Hopped
Fermenter Volume: 23L
Estimated ABV: 5.3%
Estimated OG: 1.052
Estimated FG: 1.012
IBU/SG Ratio: 0.516
This recipe kit includes:
- Malts – 5.25kg: Joe White Traditional Ale Malt, Joe White Wheat Malt, Joe White Crystal Malt
- Hops – 100g: Simcoe
- Yeast: 1 x Mangrove Jack's Craft Series M36 Liberty Bell Ale
- Kettle Fining: 1 x Whirlfloc Tablet (only use 1/2 tablet)
- Full Brew Day Instructions / Record
Please note when ordering:
- This recipe is for a 23L batch using a single vessel electric brewery such as a Grainfather, Robobrew / Brewzilla or Guten. Water adjustment additions, compensations for trub loss, fermenter loss and other specific equipment considerations should be made to these instructions on an ‘as needs’ basis. It should be noted gravity readings and final ABV are subject to variance depending on efficiencies of brewing equipment and process. They are supplied as a reference point only.
- The grains for this recipe kit will be milled on our commercial Monster Mill. If you would like the grains unmilled please request this in the Comments section at Checkout.
- From time to time certain grains, hops and yeasts are unavailable. In the event an inclusion in this recipe kit is unavailable a substitute will be made of the same quality, flavour and characteristics
- If you would like the .bsmx or .xml file for this recipe please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or request a copy in the Comments section during Checkout when ordering.
Do you need a gram scale for measuring your Hops – see Related Products below