This Single Vessel All Grain recipe is in the style of the classic American Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
This beer is an American style Pale Ale with moderate bitterness and a heap of citrus / pine overtones and aroma from the late additions of Cascade hops.
This recipe is in the style of the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and might not be an exact clone, but if you like the commercial offering then you will be sure to love this brew. Enjoy!
Style: American Pale Ale
Fermenter Volume: 23L
Estimated ABV: 5.6%
Estimated OG: 1.054
Estimated FG: 1.012
IBU/SG Ratio: 0.643
This recipe kit includes:
- Malts – 5.55kg: Gladfield American Ale Malt, Joe White Medium Crystal
- Hops – 200g: Cascade
- Yeast: 1 x Safale US-05 Dry Ale
- Kettle Fining: 1 x Whirlfloc Tablet (only use 1/2 tablet)
- Full Brew Day Instructions / Record
Please note when ordering:
- This recipe is for a 23L batch using a single vessel electric brewery such as a Grainfather, Robobrew / Brewzilla or Guten. Water adjustment additions, compensations for trub loss, fermenter loss and other specific equipment considerations should be made to these instructions on an ‘as needs’ basis. It should be noted gravity readings and final ABV are subject to variance depending on efficiencies of brewing equipment and process. They are supplied as a reference point only.
- The grains for this recipe kit will be milled on our commercial Monster Mill. If you would like the grains unmilled please request this in the Comments section at Checkout.
- From time to time certain grains, hops and yeasts are unavailable. In the event an inclusion in this recipe kit is unavailable a substitute will be made of the same quality, flavour and characteristics
- If you would like the .bsmx or .xml file for this recipe please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or request a copy in the Comments section during Checkout when ordering.
Do you need a gram scale for measuring your Hops – see Related Products below