This Single Vessel All-Grain recipe is in the style of a traditional Hefeweizen.
This beer is German style hazy wheat beer with minimal bitterness and low IBU’s so the banana and clove characteristics can shine.
This Hefeweizen predominantly uses German Malts with Hallertau Mittelfrueh as the bittering and aroma hop.
A great drinking beer that any fan of a Hefeweizen will enjoy.
Style: German Hefeweizen
Fermenter Volume: 23L
Estimated ABV: 5.2%
Estimated OG: 1.054
Estimated FG: 1.014
IBU/SG Ratio: 0.218
This recipe kit includes:
- Malts – 5.40kg: BestMalz Pilsen Malt, BestMalz Wheat Malt, BestMalz Carapils, Joe White Munich Malt
- Hops – 100g: Hallertau Mittelfrueh
- Yeast: 1 x Mangrove Jack's Craft Series M20 Bavarian Wheat
- Kettle Fining: 1 x Whirlfloc Tablet (only use 1/2 tablet)
- Full Brew Day Instructions / Record
Please note when ordering:
- This recipe is for a 23L batch using a single vessel electric brewery such as a Grainfather, Robobrew / Brewzilla or Guten. Water adjustment additions, compensations for trub loss, fermenter loss and other specific equipment considerations should be made to these instructions on an ‘as needs’ basis. It should be noted gravity readings and final ABV are subject to variance depending on efficiencies of brewing equipment and process. They are supplied as a reference point only.
- The grains for this recipe kit will be milled on our commercial Monster Mill. If you would like the grains unmilled please request this in the Comments section at Checkout.
- From time to time certain grains, hops and yeasts are unavailable. In the event an inclusion in this recipe kit is unavailable a substitute will be made of the same quality, flavour and characteristics
- If you would like the .bsmx or .xml file for this recipe please contact email@example.com or request a copy in the Comments section during Checkout when ordering.
Do you need a gram scale for measuring your Hops – see Related Products below