This recipe is our take on the Pirate Life IIPA. This is a high alcohol hop forward IPA that is sure to please any big IPA fan. This recipe is in the style of Pirate Life’s IIPA and might not be an exact clone, but if you like the commercial offering then you will be sure to love this brew. This recipe is another great introduction to experimenting with hops, wet malts and steeping grains for the beginner or intermediate brewer who wants to take their tin kit brewing to the next level.
Full brewing instructions included with the recipe kit.
Please note you will need a saucepan large enough to boil / simmer / steep 3L of water with hop and grain additions along with a strainer.
• Briess CBW Golden Light Liquid Malt Extract
• Briess CBW Bavarian Wheat Liquid Malt Extract
• Briess Pilsen Light Dried Malt Extract (LDME)
• Cracked Carapils Grain (Steeped)
• Cracked Crystal Grain (Steeped)
• Centennial / Columbus / Simcoe Pelleted Hops (Loose - Boil)
• Centennial / Columbus / Simcoe Pelleted Hops (Loose - Steep)
• Mosaic / Simcoe Pelleted Hops (2 x Teabags - Dry Hop)
• Safale US-05 Yeast
• 200g of Dextrose if kegging with no secondary fermentation (not supplied)